- → Itinerary
DAY 1 USA / LONDON: Depart from the US on your overnight flight to London, England.
DAY 2 LONDON: Arrival in London, meet with our assistant and shortly afterwards depart on a sightseeing tour of London. Your guided tour will include views of London landmarks such as Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben), Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, The Shard, and others. Visit the Tower of London, where the Beefeaters guard the dazzling Crown Jewels, and where you will gain excellent views of Tower Bridge from the Medieval Palace. Finish your day aboard the iconic London Eye. Enjoy a glass of chilled Pommery Brut Royal Champagne served by your host as you admire landmarks such as Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and Big Ben. Afterwards, transfer to your hotel. This evening enjoy welcome dinner in a local restaurant. (D)
DAY 3 WINDSOR & LONDON FOOD EXPERIENCE: Enjoy breakfast. Depart from London and make your way towards Windsor Castle, the largest inhabited castle in the world, and the Queen’s favorite residence. Subject to opening restrictions, you may see the State Apartments, St. George’s Chapel, and Queen Mary’s Doll’s House. Afterwards, return to London and depart on a Secret Food walking tour that takes you past lots of historic parts of London including quirky pubs, Borough Market and The Shard. You will discover lots of local knowledge whilst enjoying lots of gorgeous food all in the London Bridge area. The remainder of your afternoon and evening are free. (B/L)
DAY 4 CUBS VS. CARDINALS: Enjoy breakfast in your hotel followed by some free time to explore London. This afternoon meet back at your hotel and transfer to the London Olympic Stadium where the Chicago Cubs take on the St Louis Cardinals. Enjoy VIP reserved seats that includes early entry to the stadium, special dining menu, and an open bar. After the game, transfer back to your hotel for overnight. (B)
DAY 5 LONDON AT LEISURE / PUB CRAWL: Enjoy breakfast followed by a free day to explore London on your own with a travelcard enabling use of London’s tubes and iconic red busses. This evening, meet back in your hotel and depart on an evening pub crawl, visiting three well known pubs in London:
- The Prospect of Whitby in Wapping – standing since 1520, it was once known as the ‘Devil’s Tavern’; and the noose and gallows still hang from the balcony.
- Mayflower Pub – Named after the ‘Mayflower’ which was moored next door, anyone related to the voyagers should sign their book of ‘Mayflower Descendants’.
- The Grapes – Described in the opening of Charles Dickens’ ‘Our Mutual Friend’, this pub now has Ian McKellen as its leaseholder.
Enjoy a drink in each of the pubs, and dinner in one. Afterwards, make your way back to your hotel for overnight. (B/D)
DAY 6 LONDON / USA: After breakfast, bid farewell to London as you transfer to the airport, where after check-in you will have plenty of time for your last-minute duty-free shopping. Your flight to the US arrives the same day. Have a safe journey! (B)
- → Inclusions
- Round-trip air from Chicago to London on British Airways
- English-Speaking Guides
- London – 4 nights, 4-Star Amba Marble Arch
- Full English breakfast daily
- A three-course welcome dinner in a local London restaurant
- Luxury coaches for all transfers and sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary
- Full-day London City Tour
- Tower of London
- Champagne Trip on London Eye
- Windsor Castle
- Secret Food tour in London
- VIP Hospitality Package for the Chicago Cubs vs. the St Louis Cardinals. Package includes: Centrally located VIP seats (sections 206 – 209); Early entry and special VIP entrance to the game; Special dining menu; Open bar*; MLB legends appearances; Official accreditation and lanyard; Official game programme
- 24-hour London Travelcard; London Pub Crawl including pub dinner;
- Portfolio of documents
- Hotel porterage of one suitcase per person
- 24-hour emergency support while in England
* You must be of legal age to consume alcohol; valid identification required for consumption of alcohol.
This is a Private Group Journey based on a minimum of 25 participants to operate. Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Departure taxes and fuel surcharges are included. Single supplement is additional $999.00. Air inclusive rates are subject to availability and are based on departure from Chicago on British Airways. Rate includes round-trip economy class airfare, including carrier and government-imposed taxes and fees, and the September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per enplanement originating at a U.S. airport. Fluctuations in exchange rates may affect some air taxes or air carrier fees. Child/infant discounts are not available, and stopovers are not permitted. Baggage fees may apply; please check with carrier for specific policies. Not eligible for accrual of frequent flyer points/mileage. Above mentioned hotels are subject to change. Cancellations/Changes: Rates are non-refundable. Substantial restrictions apply for cancellation/change, and depend upon the package type. Trip protection is recommended. The applicable Travel Protection Plan will be applied to your purchase. Additional details will be provided on your Itinerary and Travel Protection Plan Voucher travel documents upon purchase. For travelers on offered Escorted Vacations, Golf, or Cruise Vacations, travel protection is provided by Trip Mate Inc. This coverage is designed to protect your travel investment with a full cash refund less the cost of the insurance and cancellation fees for the following covered reasons such as death, sickness, injury or certain other covered reasons. Full description of coverage can be found by visiting http://tripmate.com/wpF421S. The cost of this protection is 9% of the total cost of your trip and must be purchased at time of booking. All claims are to be made to Trip Mate Inc.